Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Matt, Derek, and I watched a movie at Derek's place last night, so again my nose is stuffed up from cat allergies. I only have three more days of work at the School of Education, and then I'll have two weeks off to relax and look for work. That'll be nice.

I just got a t-shirt that I ordered from my the author of my favorite comic strip. I was worried because it took awhile to come in the mail, and I thought it had been lost. The author just quit is day job to work on his web comic full time, so I wanted to be supportive. I hope he does well.

Speaking of clothing, my good pair of jeans ripped yesterday. I'm waiting to buy new clothes until I know what kind of job I'll have this year. It's not so much that I dislike buying clothes, I just know that probably only half of the pants I buy make it into the daily use category of my closet. I'm still wearing shirts from high school, though my chest, back, and stomach are all bigger now so they don't fit all that well. But at least they are comfortable. The problem with maintaining a wardrobe is that you have to actually maintain it. And by maintain it, I mean you have to constantly shop to fill in gaps. I'm more of a binge shopper, once every year or so. My mom used to take us school shopping once the summer was ending, that was fun. I guess she'd throw in some clothes for Christmas as well.

Since I'm not working I can walk to work more comfortably without worrying about being late, and that's great. I should be getting healthier these next few weeks. I'm not even going to think about moving my stuff.

No comments: